States Like Indiana and California Have Different Opinions On The Ethics Of CBD Oil
Cannabidiol– Indiana outlaws CBD. Texas is ok with it. And in California, of course, it is totally legal. Different states have different opinions.
Commonly referred to as CBD oil, is a chemical compound whose elements are extracted from hemp plant or cannabis sativa. CBD oil is the most valuable compound in cannabis, this is what makes it popular in the medical field. The oil has demonstrated health wellness benefits such as anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective functions.
CBD oil is known to alleviate pain and has the following benefits:
- Reduces anxiety
- Fights cancer.
- Relieves nausea.
- Treat seizures and neurological disorders.
- Lowers chances of diabetes.
- Good for cardiovascular health
- Treats skin diseases.
- Relieves pain.
- Reduces inflammation.
The word ethics comes from a Greek word ‘ethos’. Ethics are moral principles, which affect how people make decisions while leading their day to day lives. Ethics is a moral philosophy and is apprehensive about what is morally okay for the society and individuals. The idea of ethics was derived from cultures, philosophies, and religion. These this factors have brought up debates concerning professional conduct, human rights and use of cannabis in the medical field.
U.S. States And CBD
Places such as Michigan and Oregon are also states that have CBD.
We like CBD Oil State Guide – Laws, Where To Buy, And More, it really has tons of tips.
Responsibility and Ethics
Cannabis has created a moral conundrum. 50 states in the United States have legalized CBD oil and is considered to be medicine. Businesses and individual are relying heavily on marijuana for their general well-being, livelihood, and prosperity.
Use of CBD oil has become an unprecedented issue of Ethics. People living in the states where CBD oil is legal do not have to be shamed for trying out this natural remedy. They should not shoulder the social burden, federal prosecution or moral responsibility because of using medical marijuana.
Researchers have a big responsibility of making sure more detailed research and analysis is done. CBD oil products should be made readily available t user who stands a chance of gaining maximum benefit. The value of the marijuana is in its true potential to be used as a medicine, this is a fact that should not be undervalued, misconducted or neglected.
Ethics Surrounding CBD Oil Manufacturers
- Manufacturers should make sure the hemp used is non-GMO.
- In the growing process no chemical fertilizers, solvents, herbicides or pesticides are to be used to keep the hemp/cannabis plant as natural as possible.
- CBD oil extracted should organic based.
- Manufacturers should make sure they rely on superior extraction methods in order to obtain pure and quality CBD oil. The most common method used is CO2 extraction which is a petroleum-free process.
- All manufacturers have to make sure they get FDA approval before starting to conduct their operations. This will guarantee that they are carrying out operations in a clean environment.
- Manufacturers need to make sure all CBD oil products have THC that is less than 0.03%.
- Manufacturers need to carry out third-party testing for all products to make sure quality is maintained.
Ethics Surrounding CBD Oil Suppliers
- Suppliers have to adhere to laws stipulated in the Controlled Substance Act.
- The supplier has a duty to make sure all their retail goods are well labeled and the concentrates being sold are as indicated on the package.
- Suppliers should be open to their customers and provide them with all information about CBD oil that customers use before making a purchase.
- Suppliers owe their customers complete confidentiality when it comes to the information customers have provided.
- Suppliers have a moral duty to make honest sales by quoting the right prices to their online buyers.
Ethics Surrounding CBD Oil Users
- State laws insist that caregivers and users apply for CBD registration card. This card is to be presented when making a purchase.
- It is important for users to have knowledge about the legality of CBD oil in their state before making a purchase.
- Qualified CBD oil users should visit a doctor who will recommend using cannabis.
- Caregivers and users should only make purchases from licensed dispensaries. This is to ensure they do not purchase under quality or counterfeit products.
Sale of CBD oil is legal but the following issues must be looked in to in order to maintain the moral standards of the society and federal laws:
- Cannabidiol products should not be sold to minors.
- Revenue collected from CBD oil sale should not be used to finance gangs, cartels and other criminal enterprises.
- Cannabidiol sales should not be used to cover up for trafficking firearms and illegal drugs.
- All processes of CBD oil from cultivation and distribution should be done with no violence.
- Cannabidiol products should not be possessed or used on the federal property.
- Cannabidiol products should not result in any public health dangers like accidents to the public.
CBD oil products have immense benefits but we should not forget that there are states in a dilemma about its legality. For states where CBD oil is legal, it is important that they uphold the moral standards required in growing, cultivating, processing, selling and using the cannabidiol products. All party involved in CBD oil should adhere to the state laws surrounding the use of CBD oil.
Underlying Difference Between CBD Oil And Hemp Oil
It is important to know the difference between CBD oil and Hemp oil since they have different functions. CBD commonly referred to as cannabidiol is one of the major components found in marijuana. CBD is associated with medicine due to its immense benefits in treating chronic illnesses. CBD is also an extract from the cannabis plant that is why it is mistaken for hemp oil.
Hemp and CBD are derived from the same plant. Both compounds are used for health properties and are useful in the medical field, but the knowledge about the difference should be communicated to customers. Knowing the difference will help the customer know what to look for while purchasing and if the product is beneficial.
CBD oil is derived from buds, leaves, and stalks of hemp plants. To maximize on potency the strains are selected from high CBD levels.
Extraction procedures vary with different manufacturers the safest method being an oil-based method. This is where the plant is soaked in carrier oil either olive or hemp oil to separate components. Extraction processes involving solvents such as alcohol, hexan, and butane are harmful since the chemical mixes up with the oil and has harmful side effects to the users. Large manufacturers with high funding opt to use carbon Dioxide extraction method which produces high quality and potent CBD.
Uses of CBD in Medical Field
CBD has a lot of benefits such as:
- Treating epilepsy.
- Psychological problems.
- Cancer treatment.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- CBD prevents THC uptake.
Traces 0f CBD in CBD
Different methods of extracting CBD are used, for this reason, some CBD with contain THC. The THC levels are however limited.
The oil is made from the seeds of plants found in cannabis family, but it is primarily derived from hemp. The hemp seed have half the weight occupied by oil. Hemp seeds are mostly used for nutritional supplement and not medicinal use.
How Hemp Differs From CBD
The CBD oil found in hemp seed is not enough for medical practitioners to take advantage of it. The seeds also contain little traces of THC, which is not useful for anyone looking to get high. CBD oil does not have nutritional value, hemp on the other end has polyunsaturated fats such as vitamin E, fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6.
Uses of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil has low saturated fats as compared to CBD oil. For this reason, it is being used to cook. Hemp oil has a nutty or grassy flavor depending on quality and how it is refined. It is useful in cooking and salad dressing.
Hemp oil is presented in most health products like, soaps, skin conditioners and shampoos. This is because hemp oil contains vitamin E which replenishes the skin and protects your body from cancer causing radicals. Hemp is also useful in treating neurodermatitis, PMS, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation and chronic pain.
CBD oil is different from Hemp oil and the differences noted above should be considered by customers before making a purchase.